Tribal Tech, LLC is an American Indian SBA certified 8(m) woman-owned small business, headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We provide a diverse range of management and technical consulting services in the health/wellness, energy and education realm to federal agencies, state government, American Indian/Alaska Native tribes and private businesses. Our staff operates with the highest standards and principles that support legal and ethical business practices. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance and Partnership” embody an environment where employees are empowered and can flourish, and clients may fully benefit from our specialized capabilities.
Tribal Tech, LLC is looking for a Marketing & Communications Specialist to support all lines of business communications and marketing and will plan, direct and coordinate activities designed to maintain a favorable public image while educating the general public and raising awareness about Indian issues. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for brand management and promotion. Responsible for outreach and engagement, including media events and activities, press and media contacts, and creation of social media, communication materials and public position statements. Assist in supporting relevant programs and gathering necessary resources to support the organization.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement media relations efforts, serving as the primary media contact for the organization. This involves proactively pitching and responding to the media, coordinating interviews, writing statements, and talking points, and briefing spokespeople.
- Manage social media accounts, including content creation, tracking analytics, responding to inquiries and messages on channels as needed, monitoring key conversations and relevant trends.
- Develop and implement an ongoing internal and external communications strategy and plan that aligns with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Provide analytical, research and administrative tasks designed to increase current and future communications and marketing opportunities
- Conduct research to identify programs and best practices for communications and marketing
- Maintain multiple databases and platforms by updating information
- Follow timelines and meet strict deadlines of all deliverables
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- At least seven years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Intimate knowledge of Native American communities and culture. American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians are encouraged to apply.
About Tribal Tech, LLC:
We are an American Indian woman-owned small business, founded to provide Training and Technical Assistance, Grants Administration and IT Services to federal, state, tribal and corporate clients. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance, and Partnership” embody an environment where our employees can flourish and our clients may fully benefit from our capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled