Tribal Tech, LLC is an American Indian SBA certified 8(m) woman-owned small business, headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We provide a diverse range of management and technical consulting services in the health/wellness, energy and education realm to federal agencies, state government, American Indian/Alaska Native tribes and private businesses. Our staff operates with the highest standards and principles that support legal and ethical business practices. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance and Partnership” embody an environment where employees are empowered and can flourish, and clients may fully benefit from our specialized capabilities.
Tribal Tech, LLC seeks student interns to who desire to work in the health and wellness field with American Indian and Alaska Native communities upon graduation. Interns will support the work of Tribal Tech, SAMHSA Training and Technical Assistance to Native Connections Grantees and SAMHSA Tribal Training and Technical Assistance Center local staff and be selected from academic fields which support the goal of increasing mental health and decreasing suicide, substance misuse in Native communities. Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Indigenous studies are a few of the academic disciplines that support the work.
Local mentors will be identified for support and guidance. Interns will work remotely and are required to have a working computer with Microsoft software, cell phone, and reliable access to the internet.
Location: Anchorage, AK
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently and be high motivated
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is highly desired. Working knowledge of MS SharePoint helpful
- Must be willing to travel if necessary
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university in the health and wellness field
- Pursuing a graduate degree from an accredited college/university in the health and wellness field
- Experience working with American Indian/Alaska Native communities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Technical Assistant Coordinators in providing relevant technical assistance and administrative support to regional grantees
- Research, develop, and record 1-2 podcasts focusing on current behavioral health research
- Develop a presentation on a current behavioral health topic that is important to Native communities and present to Tribal Tech staff
- Assist on at least one work product or webinar
- Assist with the planning and potential support of onsite events
- Review summary and expense reports
- Other projects as assigned
About Tribal Tech, LLC:
We are an American Indian woman-owned small business, founded to provide Training and Technical Assistance, Grants Administration and IT Services to federal, state, tribal and corporate clients. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance, and Partnership” embody an environment where our employees can flourish and our clients may fully benefit from our capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled