Tribal Tech, LLC is an American Indian SBA certified 8(m) woman-owned small business, headquartered in Alexandria, VA. We provide a diverse range of management and technical consulting services in the health/wellness, energy and education realm to federal agencies, state government, American Indian/Alaska Native tribes and private businesses. Our staff operates with the highest standards and principles that support legal and ethical business practices. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance and Partnership” embody an environment where employees are empowered and can flourish, and clients may fully benefit from our specialized capabilities.
Tribal Tech, LLC is in search for an experienced Business Development and Capture Manager. This position will develop key relationships and lead Tribal Tech’s pursuits across various large and small Federal Agencies. The successful candidate will be an integral contributor to the continued growth and market positioning of the company. The individual will leverage existing and cultivate new relationships with Federal customers and non-Federal customers. S/he will identify, qualify, and capture new business in support of achieving individual revenue targets while developing a pipeline of qualified opportunities. S/he will be expected to lead cross-functional teams through the entire capture process including proposal management, teaming & pricing strategy, contracts, and solution development.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting business development and/or capture activities in the Federal sector focusing on capturing federal bids; federal marketing experience is desirable
- Previous work with contracts related to the American Indian/Alaska Native communities required
- Relationships and work performed at civilian agencies is desired (e.g. HHS, Education, Energy, Justice)
- Ability to travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage established industry relationships to identify new sales opportunities and qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating Tribal Tech’s past performance, competition, and relationships
- Provide leadership through the new business capture lifecycle – from opportunity creation, identification, qualification, and win strategy development and help formulate an integrated business development and capture approach
- Develop a firm understanding of Tribal Tech’s competitive advantage as an experienced 8(a) and 8(m) organization
- Ability to conduct research using publicly available Federal databases
- Extensive Federal market awareness coupled with a proven track record of winning acquisitions and high revenue enterprise opportunities
- Must be highly ethical and have a strong desire to capture new business competitively or through sole-source methods
- Formulates teaming relationships with large and small firms
- Manages the development of capability statements and proposals for prospective customers. Understands customer pain points, issues and challenges and leverages that information into business capture opportunities
- Proactively responds to RFIs and Sources Sought notifications
- Develop a targeting strategy and track new business opportunities aligned with the organization’s core competencies
- Work with leadership and the business development team to plan and coordinate strategic activities in pursuit of opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, database management, and GovWin IQ
- Strong writing, oral communication, and networking capabilities; presentation experience is a must.
About Tribal Tech, LLC:
We are an American Indian woman-owned small business, founded to provide Training and Technical Assistance, Grants Administration and IT Services to federal, state, tribal and corporate clients. Our guiding principles of “People, Performance, and Partnership” embody an environment where our employees can flourish and our clients may fully benefit from our capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled